-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Monday, April 21, 2008

I *heart* our Income Tax Department

Okay, I never thought there'd be a day I'd say this but as of now, I absolutely love our Income Tax Department. Great job guys!

Now, before the cynics come in, let me tell you what this is about.

Firstly, our income tax e-filing has got to be one of the simplest, easiest to use, online systems out there. No hassles, just keying in the numbers from your EA form, your book receipts, your insurance, your recently bought computer and you're done.

Just print out the statement that you've completed and no Income Tax Officer is going to harass you for late submission.

And, what I like is that they printed my special PIN onto the personalised Income Tax Returns form that they send me every year. Saves me the hassle of going to the Income Tax office to get it.

Secondly, after coming home from a long day at the office, guess what I found? My income tax refund. Funny, I've never gotten a single income tax refund before even though I mark it in my form that they should bank it directly to me. Well, probably my fault for never chasing, but this year, the Income Tax folks must take the cake for really upping the standard and becoming so efficient. Kudos!

On a side note, is this a sign of good things to come since the election?

No comments: