-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Friday, March 14, 2008

Random updates , technology speeds up my life

Update 1: I'm going to Brisbane

Landed and safe. Whew.

This happened in a whirl yesterday when wife SMSed me at about 9:30 a.m. in the morning and said, "AirAsia is having a free ticket giveaway and tickets to Brisbane are still available! QUICK!!! Tell me if you want to go?"

"Okay honey, I'll go call some friends and see if anyone wants to go."

Picking up the phone, I called a couple of buddies.... "You have three hours to make a decision before the tickets are all gone. Quick. Make the decision."

There was much flip-flopping in the decision-making, but in the end, two other friends joined in to make it a motley crew of 4 flyers to Brisbane. Calming down at 12:30 p.m. yesterday, I thought to myself, "Wow, that's the quickest trip I've planned." This morning, I still can't believe I'm going to Brisbane.

Technology's really accelerated our lives and sometimes, I'm not sure if our brains can make good decisions fast enough. Thanks to the magic of SMS, the Internet and Telegraphic Credit Card transactions, I've committed to go for a trip that didn't cross my mind even just 28 hours ago.

Things really happen fast, don't they?

Update 2: I snap a nice pic of Bukit Bintang at night

One more contribution to Soul of the Night. Guess where I had to stand to snap the pic below?

13032008527

2 comments:

Y said...

Pavilion's umm.. some platform definitely.

Anonymous said...

Correction - Air Asia flies to Gold Coast, not Brisbane. Im sure you'll enjoy your time here.
:)