-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Friday, January 11, 2008

You don't want THIS at your press event...

This has got to be the nightmare of all PR people - especially the folks handling the invite to the Gizmodo folks!

There's this part in the video where this Motorola spokesperson actually is presenting about a pretty cool product and... the TV goes off! poof! It went off so fast the spokesperson didn't even know what was going on.



Still, I think CNet's reaction to this stunt pretty much sums it up. However, I think I can add that is probably an isolated incident in the blogging community and that the bloggers I've had for press events are nothing if not decent and interesting people.

Verdict? This is a one off. Good stunt for Gizmodo (more than 400 comments on the associated post) and nothing that should stop PR people from inviting bloggers again in the future.

Now, nobody get any ideas mmmkay?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was terrifying...(gulp)

davidlian said...

I'm actually quite tempted to get one of those TV-B-Gone clickers... imagine walking around Jusco when TVs go off suddenly.

Anonymous said...

haha...pity those people who hang around shopping malls watching yet another rerun of Saving Private Ryan

Anonymous said...

Hey, that was my idea!

That gives me something to do in the next Nokia event~~~Just kidding...

I have one of those universal remote control thing, as small as a keychain and I've never encountered a TV that can't be controlled by the remote control.

When I have nothing to do on weekends, I go to Sen Heng or SenQ and switch of all the TVs. In mamaks, pubs, bars, every where....