-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

(face)-booked!


It was getting late. Work was tiring me out. Felicia pinged me on MSN. And, before I knew it, Fel started going on and on about how great FaceBook is, and after listening (or reading) to enough of her yammering, I relented and setup my own FaceBook account (world holds its breath - yay!).

So here's what it looks like:

Cute huh?

Anyway, for the uninitiated, FaceBook is undoubtedly one of the hottest ways to get connected. If you're Malaysian, chances are you're already on Friendster (Malaysians are the No.2 race on Friendster, in case you didn't know). Well, FaceBook is a lot like Friendster, but so much more... INSTANT! You can ping friends, draw up a calendar of where you'll be and when, start chain letters and basically anything there is an application for.

Your dashboard is basically a collection of Widgets you allow to run on your front page. This can be a Twitter-like interface, a calendar-tracker or a Flickr badge - a bit like your blog but with a lot more interactivity.

I also like the was friends and organisations are organised. Thanks to a nice little plug-in that allows FaceBook to search through my Gmail contacts, FaceBook instantly identified my friends who were already on FaceBook and suggested groups that I should join. Entered my Text 100 work e-mail and bingo! I was on the Text 100 FaceBook community.

Okay, I think I've said enough. Go try it out, now. And, when you do, ADD ME!

No comments: