-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Not satisfied with life...

Just got back from our church family camp in Genting Highlands. There's a thought that I brought back with me - am I satisfied with my life?

We spent four days studying the book of Ephesians - taking us all the way from how God chose us to the war we wage in our daily lives. Being a Christian is about having the right perspective and the sort of life to prove it.

We often stumble on the first part of this. Yes, you prayed the sinners prayer. You said you wanted forgiveness for sins. And yet, did your perspective change? Do you still wallow in sin? Do you chase the things in this world that are meaningless - ultimately? Do you harbor in your heart wrong motives and misplaced goals?

Until you realise what a great plan God has laid out for you and that there is eternal life beyond this shell we live in, you can't get it right.

But I'm on the second part. So, if I know that ultimately nothing matters save the work that's eternal, why do I spend more time than I should enjoying myself? Why am I not urgent (or urgent enough) in sharing the gospel?

I've realised I can't be satisfied with this life I'm leading. Not enough. Because if there's one thing the Bible makes clear, it's that time is very, very short. It's time to buckle down and get down to business. Eternal business.

Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

Ephesians 5:15-16

No comments: