-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Trying to participate

I'm inspired by this interesting post that was sent to me by a colleague: http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/005687.html

Now, I've been in PR for the past three plus years. This, by no means, is a fantastic amount of years to have been in PR, but it's respectable enough I guess for me to point in the general direction of "cluefulness".

Yup. The past three years I've been in PR has seen perhaps the biggest debates about how media is changing and how PR needs to change with it.

If you bothered to read the post through, you'd find the statement that some PR practitioners still think PR means 'Press Release.' You also see a comment by Dave McClure who makes use of the moniker "general cluefulness". Which strikes me.

Suddenly, I feel challenged to be "clued" in. "Clued", if I may borrow Mr. McClure's term, in the sense that I'm connected. I'm engaged. I'm in the "circle of trust" if you may.

You see, there's a wide world of PR practitioners out there who are struggling to make sense of all this mojo about blogging (and now "twitting"), podcasting, mashing and, if Yahoo! has it's way, "piping" And despite my proud record as a gamer and general tech geek, I find myself struggling to make sense of this too.

So, this is my shout-out to be a Malaysian who's participating with the rest of the world in trying to make sense of this. I figure I've started and killed seven or eight blogs already, mostly of personal nature, but I'd like to see if I can make the one year mark with this.

I welcome anyone else in the PR or media industry who's trying to "clue in". I also welcome any onlookers who just want to talk.

Let's get clued in.

No comments: