-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What would happen if I pulled the plug?

I just snapped this picture last night of my brothers - three brothers, three PCs, all online at the same time.


My Brothers - Share on Ovi
Of course, this is worth some sort of social discourse about the changing habits of people and how screens (your TV, computer and mobile device) and the internet are impacting the way we communicate and view the world around us.

What would happen if someone pulled the plug? Or in this case, if I did it?

I'll leave that as a hypothesis, and for you to make your own conclusions. But for now (to borrow a too-often used cliche), I thought the picture itself is worth a thousand words.

7 comments:

Kimberly Low said...

they will beat u to a pulp!

KY said...

Instant grind meat

Anonymous said...

"Death in the hands of his own 3 brothers."
Gee...that would be a sad case

Anonymous said...

hahahaha i saw dota on one of the screens
at least i know that one would kill you.

davidlian said...

Lol... the lot of you think my brothers are preternaturally disposed to violence.

Actually, I was musing about what would happen if for one day we didn't have the internet. It's a social thing that we're all kinda glued to our computer screens for long hours everyday now. :/

Randy said...

Marcus should really get going on the sketch..

Looks to Marcus* I know what you did last night!!!

Linus Linnaeus said...

i think you should pull the plug...

just spent two weeks internet free going around small villages in mexico and believe me I felt like an idiot for not doing what i am doing sooner...being in God's great beautiful earth...rather than a created digital environment online....

next year pulling the plug on myself and doing brazil instead....