-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Friday, June 29, 2007

Eight more days...

Today was my wedding rehearsal. Standing in front, by the aisle evokes the most introspective feeling ever. I'm getting married.

There's just a rush of joy in the room - close friends clapping, mother beaming, father a bit flustered, Lydia's dad being a bit shy, brothers playing a fool and Lydia, of course, can't stop smiling. Everyone's happy.

I had to say the words today: "For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health- till death do us part." Those came out surprisingly easy, but don't be misled. Each word was weighty in its own right, and each one a bottomless wellspring of thought.

This is what getting married feels like - perhaps the purest few moments of bliss you'd get here on earth. And I'm thankful for that. I didn't get a chance to whip out my camera to take a picture, but Louis took loads. If I have time, I'll ask him for some tomorrow and post them up, but until then, here's one picture from our wedding collection to share:

Can't wait for the real day.

No comments: