-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Malaysia's most avid mobile data user?

Ladies and gentlemen, I've an announcement to make... I've reached the big 10.

That's right, just 4 months after starting to use my Nokia N96, the data packet indicator has now rolled over to a whopping 10 Gigabytes of downloaded data over the course of those 4 months.

See for yourself:

Whoa! Check out my downloads! - Share on Ovi

Personally, I attribute all this to the huge amount of podcast listening I do, web-surfing and of course, online-gaming on N-Gage (you have to love Reset Generation). Now, I wonder if these numbers are the reason why I've been getting relatively lousy service on my 3G connection recently?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought most mobile providers have a clause where they limit your downloads (usually around 1 GB, IIRC). How did you manage to hit 10 GB? What provider are you using? I would have signed up if I had known the T&C were to scare people off.

KY said...

the cap before throttling is at 5gb for maxis if i remember correctly, so you shouldn't have a problem.

the suckiness you face is just a sad reality. lol

Anonymous said...

WOW! 10GB over a span of 4 months, that's freaking huge. Wonder what will happen if you use that same amount of BW in a month.

I don't think it's because of your huge bandwidth that causes Maxis' 3G to be the way it is. I used less bandwidth than you in the course of me owning the thing and the speed I got was still bad.