-->

Who"s davidlian?

My photo
davidlian is an ultra-geeky chinese dude that works for a technology PR agency. He loves fiddling with techno-toys, plays Warhammer 40K, and shoots pictures wherever he goes. Here, he rants about PR, Technology and anything else. Don't expect balance and un-biased, he ain't no journalist. Anything said on this blog are solely davidlian's personal views. Don't confuse them with company mantra, client's views or views of any organisation he may be part of.

Categories

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Love Simpsons, pictures? Check this out.

I know everyone's waiting for a marriage related post, but I'm sorry to disappoint, that will have to wait a while.

On a totally un-related note, I'd like to share two links I recently discovered to stuff I absolutely love:

1. Simpsons Avatar-maker thingamajig

This is absolutely cool. Ever imagined yourself as a Simpsons character? I have. Below is probably how I would look if I ever guest-starred in an episode of The Simpsons.
2. Nokia's World24h

Nokia's come up with this pretty cool mash-up where you could basically view a world map and see pictures taken from countries all over the world. Just move your mouse cursor over the country, and click!

I've already gotten onto Flickr! and love it, this bit of mash-up takes things one step further. Basically, it's a mash-up that takes files that are Geo-tagged from Flickr and puts it into this cool, flash-based, map interface.

Geo-tagging is when you take a picture and the file information records the location where you took the picture. This information can be as detailed as "Bangsar"or as broad as "Malaysia". Once you take advantage of this bit of information that's attached to all your photo files, you could easily programme a nifty piece of code (like this) that could pull files and arrange them into country, simply by looking at the tags.

Ooo boy, I just love exploring.

I'll probably post something about married life later today, or tomorrow. Don't hold your breath.

No comments: